This is my first snow day as a self-employed-working-from-home freelancer. It's not quite as exciting as getting that unexpected day off used to be but there's still that undeniable energy in the air. The kind of energy that forces you to stay in your pajamas and cook all day.
Snow days are best enjoyed as follows:
• Copious amounts of cuddling
• Baking and eating as many cookies as possible
• Followed up by some sort of hot meal that steams up all the kitchen windows
• Clean sheets fresh out of the dryer
• Trekking to the neighborhood hill for sledding
• And then to the pub for a microbrew
• Snow Cream - a bowl of snow with homemade vanilla extract, almond milk and maple syrup
• A super hot shower with Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap
• More cuddling accompanied by movies
What should I add to my snow day list?
J & K started this blog project to document the remodel of their 1929 historical home in the heart of Oklahoma City. It has now turned into a documentation of life, food, fashion, freelance, inspiration, design, adventures and details around the J & K house.
Kathleen works as an award-winning brand consultant and designer specializing in small business branding at Braid Creative & Consulting. Jeremy is a software engineer and is the left-brain to Kathleen’s right.
You can contact Kathleen at
jeremyandkathleen (at) gmail (dot) com.
All photos and graphics by Kathleen unless otherwise stated. Feel free to use them with permission or credit.
Anatomy of an Outfit
Sometimes I like to get dressed and take pictures of myself. For all of my outfit posts click here.
Freelance Matters: A series about how I tackle freelance issues such as estimating, billing, to-do lists and how to fire a client.
Trekking to Everest
In October 2010 Jeremy and I trekked through the Himalayas to Mt. Everest Base Camp. It completely changed my life. Read about the entire adventure, day-by-day, here.
Braid is a creative & consulting business I own with my sister. We do branding and business visioning for creative entrepreneurs. On the Braid blog I share branding adventures, how-to articles and advice on the creative process. If you need a little brand therapy of your own visit Braid or subscribe to the Braid blog RSS feed here.
What We Eat
We like to eat really good food - at least 3 times a day. Sometimes I blog about it - click here for recipes and yummy ideas.
J & K: Blog Archive
- ► 2012 (182)
- Anatomy of an Outfit: Black on Black
- Identity: Mo Vintage
- Anatomy of an Outfit: Striped
- Anatomy of an Outfit: Layered Tanks
- Jeremy Answers
- Adventures in Babysitting
- Ask Jeremy.
- Celery Soup
- Anatomy of an Outfit: The Necklace
- Valentine's Day
- Happy VD, OKC.
- At the end of the day.
- Post-Apocalyptic Fashion
- Okie Dokie Avocado
- A story about carrots.
- The Nakate Project + A Giveaway (Closed)
- Anatomy of an Outfit: The Snowpocalypse
- 8 months freelance
- Green Tea + Coconut Milk
- CD Package Design: Debate Team
- Snow Day
- Anatomy of an Outfit: Wool and Lace
- ▼ February (24)
- ► 2010 (387)
- ► 2009 (406)
- Eva Black | Spaces
- Emma Dime
- Life as an Artistpreneur
- Jane Reaction
- Ink & Letters
- Meg Biram | The Edit
- Sarah Von Bargen's Small Biz Blog
- Design Crush
- The Equals Record
- Emmarie Designs
- Rory Gordon
- Yellow Brick Home
- The Creatives Project
- Silly Grrl
- Photographers Skeen
- The Clothes Make the Girl
- Bringing Design Home
- Pip & Estella
- A Practical Wedding
- Kind of a Sideshow
- Sandra Juto
- Old Sweet Song
- Rambling Renovators
- Brooklyn Bride
- Design Crush
- Experiment in Poverty
- The Jealous Curator
- Making it Lovely
- Dressing on the Side
- The Oklahoman
- Young House Love
- Oh So Beautiful Paper
- A Cup of Jo
- Brooklyn Limestone
- Glamour Weddings